Bad service by Feroli

axil23

Just thought to advise you guys/gals about the service I received from Feroli the boiler company. Recently I bought 9 new boilers from them and replaced them at some of my properties. One broke down after 3 months so my Corgi engineer who is authorized by them to fit their boilers came out and had a look at it. He advised me that the Heat exchanger was leaking and that it would be best to be carried out under warranty and called Feroli who sent an engineer to have a look at the problem.

I was then told that they had voided the warranty as the boiler had been opened and worked upon (my engineer basically opened the cover to see where the water leak was coming from) and that there was no sign of a service to it.

I have had the service done and have proof of that as that is done yearly with the gas safety checks.

Basically I feel they fobbed me off and made it a no claim as they are trying to find any reason not to do it. The part is quite expensive and I am a genuine customer. Its a catch 22 as if you call them out straight away and its not a warranty fault then they charge for the call out and if you call your engineer first then they void the warranty.

I for one will not buy a Feroli boiler again.

In the heating trade Ferroli are not regarded as the "better buys" for boilers.

Your heating installer would have had to open the cover to make sure it was not an installation water leak of his making when installing the boiler.

ALL boiler installions now must have a system flush to ensure heat exchangers do not clog up and ALL manufacturers now will void any guarantee if this cannot be determined and proved by written quotation at installion of your new boiler.

(Landlord's take note!)

If your boiler was within guarantee then Ferroli should accept their responsibilty and come and fix it...small claims court is your next step.

Mel.

If your boiler was within guarantee then Ferroli should accept their responsibilty and come and fix it...small claims court is your next step.

Mel.

I have told my Gas man to fix the problem and give me a bill so I can then take this up with Ferroli. I think I should have a decent chance.

I kind of knew that Feroli are quite a bad company but I guess I got tempted by the decent price as they were having a clear out and the 2 year warranty.

Archived