TENANT MOVED OUT AND HIS SISTER MOVED IN

babyjane

Advice please,

My tenant has not paid rent for 2 months . i visited the property and a woman who i do not know informed me my tenant is working away. I have found out from neighbours that my tenant moved out last week with his girlfriend and moved to Scotland

and the woman who is in the property is his sister and is staying until she gets a council house. She is not on the tenancy and he refuses to answer my text or phone calls . I have no address for him and this is my first time i have rented my property.

Could any help with suggestions as to what i am able to do legally in getting her out . She has no intention of paying rent and is not my tenant.

Unfortunately there has been a lot of publicity recently about these low-life people who think that the the law is on their side (and it probably is)and that they can just do what they like to another person's property without any fear or consequence of their actions.

I know what I would do and I would be prepared for the consequence of my actions but of course I cannot recommend to you what I would do given your circumstances so unfortunately you have no other choice but to seek legal advice and start the eviction process which will take 2-3 months.

Mel.

Just serve a section 8 using grounds 8,10,11

Post/serve S8, 14 days later apply for court hearing, get hearing about 6 weeks later, go to court and get possession order 14 days later, if tenant doesnt vacate apply for court bailiff about another 14 days.

The time for a hearing and bailiff depend on how busy your courts are in your area. But there is a rule that the hearing cannot be longer than 8 weeks after applying

Thanks i know what you mean but i will just have to sit it out and go down the legal route

I have hand delivered a lettre stating i require access on Monday.

Cheers

Unfortunately there has been a lot of publicity recently about these low-life people who think that the the law is on their side (and it probably is)and that they can just do what they like to another person's property without any fear or consequence of their actions.

I know what I would do and I would be prepared for the consequence of my actions but of course I cannot recommend to you what I would do given your circumstances so unfortunately you have no other choice but to seek legal advice and start the eviction process which will take 2-3 months.

Mel.

Thankyou for your advice

I have arranged access to the property on Monday. I will then know (hopefully ) the full story and start proceedings.

Cheers

Just serve a section 8 using grounds 8,10,11

Post/serve S8, 14 days later apply for court hearing, get hearing about 6 weeks later, go to court and get possession order 14 days later, if tenant doesnt vacate apply for court bailiff about another 14 days.

The time for a hearing and bailiff depend on how busy your courts are in your area. But there is a rule that the hearing cannot be longer than 8 weeks after applying

Archived