I need my house back

rosie

Please can anyone advise me what to do, I served my tenant with 2mths notice, because I have nowhere to live, he tried to call me the day after it was served, but did not call back, as he had paid normal rent & sent a list of repairs that needed to be done, I instructed a solicitor, who has sent 2 letters, but the tenant is still refusing to move out, the solicitor has advised it could take weeks & will be expensive to go to court, what do I do next

Please can anyone advise me what to do, I served my tenant with 2mths notice, because I have nowhere to live, he tried to call me the day after it was served, but did not call back, as he had paid normal rent & sent a list of repairs that needed to be done, I instructed a solicitor, who has sent 2 letters, but the tenant is still refusing to move out, the solicitor has advised it could take weeks & will be expensive to go to court, what do I do next

Hi Ciderbrook,

Well I would get another solicitor who knows what they are talking about! If you have served a valid Section 21 notice (have you?) and you have completed the notice correctly (have you?) and the fixed term of the tenancy has now ended (has it) or is within 2 months of ending (is it) ........

THEN

it costs very little to apply to the Court for an "accelerated possession order". You fill the forms in, you pay the Court fee (around £150), you wait 28 days and ASSUMING all of the paperwork is in order etc - you get a possession order without even needing a Court hearing.

It is difficult for me to judge what you have and have not done .... but if the tenant is refusing to leave then you need to get a solicitor to look over the paperwork that you have already served and either commence the accelerated possession process .... or re-issue the paperwork correct (so that you can commence accelerated possession in 2 months time).

Good luck,

Mark

Thank you, I served notice on 16/12, my solicitor has told me all is in order & the tenancy is due to run out on 1/7/11

Hi Ciderbrook,

Well I would get another solicitor who knows what they are talking about! If you have served a valid Section 21 notice (have you?) and you have completed the notice correctly (have you?) and the fixed term of the tenancy has now ended (has it) or is within 2 months of ending (is it) ........

THEN

it costs very little to apply to the Court for an "accelerated possession order". You fill the forms in, you pay the Court fee (around £150), you wait 28 days and ASSUMING all of the paperwork is in order etc - you get a possession order without even needing a Court hearing.

It is difficult for me to judge what you have and have not done .... but if the tenant is refusing to leave then you need to get a solicitor to look over the paperwork that you have already served and either commence the accelerated possession process .... or re-issue the paperwork correct (so that you can commence accelerated possession in 2 months time).

Good luck,

Mark

Archived