Accelerated Possession Procedure

gemini

I am in the middle of sending of my forms to the court for Accelerated Possession Procedure, I have Section 21 signed but which has the same property address for tenant and Landlord would this be a problem and also the first Tenancy Agreement was sigend has a couple and second Tenancy Agreement they have broken up and only has the girl signed on to it would this be a problem for the courts.

I would appreciate any information before sending these of to the courts.

Thanks

Jackie

Jackie,

I would advise you to employ the services of a solicitor to ensure that all of your paperwork is in order before submitting the Accelerated Possession Procedure forms to the Court as, if they are incomplete or wrong, you will not only have to re-serve the notices (and wait for these notices to expire before taking court action) but you will also LOSE your Court fees.

I am not sure that the Section 21 notice is valid - with the same address listed for landlord and tenant - and you also do not mention anything about a Deposit Protection Certificate (and you need to provide a copy of this to the Court) - did you remember to protect your tenants deposit INITIALLY and did you re-protect it (just in the girls name) when you create a new tenancy with just the girl?

Lots of things to think about (and get wrong) and the best way forward is a solicitor. I know this will cost you money - but I assume they are not paying the rent at the moment .... and failure to get this sorted quickly is going to cost you a lot more money!

Good luck,

Mark

Hi Mark

I would like to thankyou for taking the time to answer my question, I will now seek advice from a solicitor, fortunately for me my tenant is paying rent at the moment she needs to get an eviction for a council house and yes the deposit is protected.

Jackie

Archived