Property Checks

kerryc

If you are on a full management contract then the answer is almost certainly yes they should and that frequency should be agreed between you and your LA or in their terms and conditions of contract with you.

Normally, but not a hard and fast rule is 1 month after occupation and then at 3 monthly intervals if on a short 6 monthly contract or 6 monthly checks if on a longer contract of say 1 or 2 years and beyond that period.

The LA should report back to you to say that everything is OK or not as the case may be. Personally I prefer to do my inspections by agreement with my Tenant but that is mainly because in the past when I was on a full management with an LA it transpired that NO checks had been carried out in an 18 month period which I was not impressed with.

Mel.

Thanks.

I think they say every 3 months, however we are both Tenants(in scotland) & Landlords(in manchester), and the reason for asking was due to the fact that we have been renting for over 2 years now and only saw the LA once, due to a complaint we made. And with all the news on TV about 'Drug Farms' and the Landlord being thousands out of pocket, just thought I would check.

Thanks Again.

Kerry

AM' post='13965']

If you are on a full management contract then the answer is almost certainly yes they should and that frequency should be agreed between you and your LA or in their terms and conditions of contract with you.

Normally, but not a hard and fast rule is 1 month after occupation and then at 3 monthly intervals if on a short 6 monthly contract or 6 monthly checks if on a longer contract of say 1 or 2 years and beyond that period.

The LA should report back to you to say that everything is OK or not as the case may be. Personally I prefer to do my inspections by agreement with my Tenant but that is mainly because in the past when I was on a full management with an LA it transpired that NO checks had been carried out in an 18 month period which I was not impressed with.

Mel.

Archived