Tenant has converted a conservatory.....

djphillips1408

Please excuse my ignorance I am a new landlord!

I have a tenant who since taking the tenancy agreement has allowed her son to move into the property. He has set up home in the conservatory and has covered all the windows and perspex roof sheet with something like plasterboard to stop the light coming in. I have asked the tenant to remove the sheet but she has not done so. What rights do I have to simply go in and remove the sheting myself and if I have any can I ask what is the corect procedure to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Inform your Tenant in writing and keep a copy of the letter. Give Her 72 hours to reply and if no satisfaction inform her as she is in breach of her AST agreement you will take the necessary steps to give her notice to quit......see how you get on.

You cannot enter the property yourself and remove the sheeting.

Mel.

I think I might give this tenant notice anyway - what a way to carry on! If her son is homeless she is hardly likely to throw him out so the problem might continue.

Serve notice as Section 21, get property back and start again with a new tenant.

Mortitia

Thanks to you both for your advice, I have raised a section 21 and will get rid of tenant.

Archived