We aren't all Bad!

brightagent

I am a Letting Agent, and until very recently worked for a company as Letting Manager for a number of years. I eventually left my job, as I greatly disagreed with the unfair way that my employer instructed me to deal with both Landlords, and Tenants...our paying customers. I have recently opened my own Letting Agency in Lanarkshire, as I was sure that I could provide a more professional, and fair service to Landlords and thier Tenants. So, please do not tar us all with the same brush...you just haven't found a good one yet...

...you just haven't found a good one yet...

Exactly the problem !!

They are extremely difficult to find - a bit like needle in a hay stack.

IME the vast majority of LA are not capable of performing their function adequately.

There is no obligatory training, qualifications, or regulation of this industry, and blind faith in "expert " LA by nieve LL will continue to create horror stories on a daily basis for the forseeable.

Hi everyone,

I think finding a good letting agent is as random as finding a good landlord.

Anyone with a few pounds in the bank (for a deposit) can become a buy-to-let investor and, overnight, become a landlord. And anyone can open a shop on the High Street (or the Internet) and become a letting agent.

Which is more dangerous ..... an inexperienced landlord or an inexperienced letting agent ? About the same I would say .......

I think the regluation of letting agents and landlords can only be good for an industry that, on the whole, is run by a lot of amateurs .......

There are good landlords out there .... and there are good letting agents out there ....... but trying to spot them can be tricky !

Mark

You wouldnt just pick a builder out of the yellow pages to do your extention without checking them out (if you do you're a fool) so why would you do the same with a letting agent and pass a property worth many thousands of pounds over without checking them out either.

Sometimes you get what you pay for the and if you go in blind and it all goes wrong you (the landlord) has to take some of the responsibility.

Archived