LHA/HB PAYMENTS DIRECT TO LANDLORDS PETITION

SPEEDTWIN

Well I'm glad someone started it as I cannot see why tenants on HB should be allowed to keep the cash where they are unlikely to pay it to their landlord. I'm sure loads of us that visit this site have been a victim of this practice. Do sign up and show support.

Mortitia

Never could get my head around why they changed the decision to allow Tenants to be paid directly as a 10 year old Schoolboy could have told whoever made that decision that it had little chance of success and Nationwide it would lead to problems with Landlords not receiving their money due.

Fortunately I don't do DSS or whatever it is called now.

Mel.

I have signed up. The system is skewed in favour of the benefit fraud. One major problem is that the people responsible for changing the laws and rules are hardly much better and so I don't suppose much will change. (Taken too many knocks recently to be optimistic tonight) I have had my first and soon to be VERY last H/B tenant. Sad thing is that there are so many genuine honest people who end up on H/B for periods and the frauds make it so much harder for them as to many landlords have been stung.

Most of the benefit claim workers are not in favour of the new decision either as they see children lose homes because their "parents" spend the money on drink, drugs, gambling, etc.

Well, lets hope that this starts some change.

I find you can still get the payments paid direct but it isnt so easy. If it suits us we tell the tenant that the L/L will only rent out the property if payments are made direct. I then tell the tenant that the council will do it if a tenant tells the council they have trouble managing their money , get into debt easly, etc, etc. If the tenants chooses to do that that is up to them and a lot of them do have trouble managing their money anyway.

If i had a choice i would rather all tenants on LHA/HB were paidt direct and then paid the rent when it was due with the shortfall because it causes a a of work to administrate it and you spend a lot of time on the phone to the council.

But this is the real world and the reason a lot of H/B tenant are in the situation they are is because they cant manage their money.

Archived