Landlord Registration - Please Help!!!?????

ellalilli

Hi,

I am just about to let out my 2 bedroom house. I have heard that there is new legislation that is now in place that says that you have to register yourself as a landlord.

I can find nothing about this on the internet at all!!!!?? Where can I do this???????????? :unsure:

My new tenents are due to move in on the 1st May and I want to make sure that I have everything legally in place to proceed.

Please can anyone help me???????

Thankyou so much. :rolleyes:

There is no requirement to register with anyone except it is a requirement to inform Inland Revenue and Customs of your rental income for taxation purposes.

Mel.

Does not cost anything...

How do you figure? LINK: I paid £55 each to two different authorities and then £11 per property. And I'll have to again I assume when the three year renewal comes around.

Back to the original question though, if the property which is let is in Scotland then yes you must register with the local authority for that area. Don't think England/Wales have an equivalent scheme as yet.

NOT in England and Wales except for property which is subject to HMO's and the OP has stated he/she has a 2 bedroomed house so doesn't qualify as an HMO.

The OP did not say he/she was a Landlord in Scotland which, as a Country, has many many different laws regarding property sales and renting regulations compared to England and Wales.

Mel.

Archived