Heating system

slingshot481

I have a T who has asked to have a timer fitted onto the boiler. The boiler and heating system works fine and has certificates to say that it is all ok. Is this something that I would HAVE to supply to her, or is it fine to have a heating system without a timer???

I know that this sounds like a stupid question, but i think that it is something I need to check out. :huh:

Hi

The oblgation is to maintain the heating system, not to improve it. Provided it is functional then you dont have to fit any additional controls.

I'm a bit unsure as to what the control system is for the heating - does it rely entirely on TRVs? Is there no timer at all, even on the boiler - if so this would be slightly unusual?

As an alternative, if there is a thermostat (usually just in one room) connected to the boiler, this can usually be replaced with a thermostat and timer combined at very little cost (say £30 - £50). It might be worth considering if the controls are very basic at present.

Good luck

Preston

Hi

The oblgation is to maintain the heating system, not to improve it. Provided it is functional then you dont have to fit any additional controls.

I'm a bit unsure as to what the control system is for the heating - does it rely entirely on TRVs? Is there no timer at all, even on the boiler - if so this would be slightly unusual?

As an alternative, if there is a thermostat (usually just in one room) connected to the boiler, this can usually be replaced with a thermostat and timer combined at very little cost (say £30 - £50). It might be worth considering if the controls are very basic at present.

Good luck

Preston

There is a thermostat on the actual boiler and also TRVs throughout the house. The house doesn't have a separate thermostat it is all incorporated into the actual boiler. My thoughts are that it is an unecessary expense as the system works. The people who lived in the house before didn't complain. (I suspect that this tennant may be an awkward one. She calls about everything including when she told me that the light fitting in the kitchen disintegrated when actually she had over screwed some bulbs and had broken the bulbs not the fitting).

If you mean a programmer for heating and hot water which enables the system to come on and go off at timed intervals in a 24/7 period then I would think it is a reasonable request to ask by the Tenant.

What make and boiler is it? These timers are usually an integral boiler fit and take only 15mins. minutes to fit.

If your in the Swindon area we would be only too happy to quote. :huh:

Mel.

Archived