Gas or No Gas?

nickbearne

Having recently spoken to a fairly experienced landlord who always removes any gas cooker and replaces it with an electric one, I am wondering whether to do the same with the gas cooker in my property that will be shortly be let. The landlord I spoke to feels more comfortable with no possibility of a tenant accidently leaving the gas on, leading to potentially dangerous incidents.

Other landlords views on this would be greatly appreciated.

Having recently spoken to a fairly experienced landlord who always removes any gas cooker and replaces it with an electric one, I am wondering whether to do the same with the gas cooker in my property that will be shortly be let. The landlord I spoke to feels more comfortable with no possibility of a tenant accidently leaving the gas on, leading to potentially dangerous incidents.

Other landlords views on this would be greatly appreciated.

As long as gas safety cert is present and kept up to date you will have no "legal" problems.

If T leaves gas on then T problem NOT LL !

The Rodent

Hi

I agree with Rodent. It is very rare in my experience for gas cookers to explode, deliberately or otherwise. There are other risks I would worry about mitigating before this one - not least unsafe electrics (including electric cookers) which kill alot more people than gas cookers.

Good luck

Preston

I've got gas cookers.....no problem.....checked every year and they are fairly new anyway.

To stop any Tenent from leaving the gas on just tell them how much gas costs these days..... B)

Archived