Cost of Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)

Mortitia

Hi all,

At a very recent AGM for a block of flats one owner thought a good deal was £79.95 for one of these certificates thru the Landlord's Association. They come into force for new tenancies on 1st October 2008 and last 10 years.

Since my freeholders are going to need around 5 of these in one place has anyone found a cheaper price in S.W. London? I know that someone on this site who was qualified in Energy Perfomance recently offered it for £40 but they were up country.

Additionally a friend who has had her house on the market in Bournemouth for some time was contacted by her agent yesterday insisting she have one done immediately for £90. I thought the EPC was only for rental property at this stage?

All advice welcome as I will have to act soon.

Mortitia

No, your friend needs an EPC now for house sales but the £90 quoted is far too expensive. Shop around, normal wait is about 3 days from an independent EPC'er and about £65'ish.

A lot of EA's sent suitable staff off to do the EPC course and of course they are trying to recoup initial costs.

The Guy who did mine is running his EPC business part-time and his normal day job is in BMW motor works.

Mel.

Hi all,

At a very recent AGM for a block of flats one owner thought a good deal was £79.95 for one of these certificates thru the Landlord's Association. They come into force for new tenancies on 1st October 2008 and last 10 years.

Since my freeholders are going to need around 5 of these in one place has anyone found a cheaper price in S.W. London? I know that someone on this site who was qualified in Energy Perfomance recently offered it for £40 but they were up country.

Additionally a friend who has had her house on the market in Bournemouth for some time was contacted by her agent yesterday insisting she have one done immediately for £90. I thought the EPC was only for rental property at this stage?

All advice welcome as I will have to act soon.

Mortitia

I am having epc done this week in central london for £65 no vat ,she might do a better deal for several flats tel.07952304638 regards hein25.

• 1 year later...

EPC is now down to around £40 with no VAT and was completed in 48hrs. in my area.

I read somewhere ???? that EPC advisors were considering legal action against the Government for the cost of the EPC course thay undertook and of course the volume of work has failed to materialise for them.

Mel.

Yes, Mel I also read that. The bloke I have used previously told me that when he was doing the course his intake were told the ' would make a killing'. This appears not to have been the case!

Paolo - Thanks for informing that prices have dropped as I am just about to get one done on a shop conversion.

Cheers,

Mortitia

Archived