Necessary AST Clauses re My Deposits scheme

wheeler

Hi there,

I am about to issue an AST for the first time since the TDS regulations were introduced. I am planning to use the My Deposits scheme (despite hearing bad things about it; it's website being down; and it keeping me holding for ages when attempting to phone its premium 0871 number).

Since I have had no luck contacting them, I wondered if anyone knew what clauses I need to add to my AST contract to cover the My Deposits scheme?

many thanks

Elodie

Hi Elodie,

Well, one has to ask why you want to use My Depsosit if they sound so poor at customer service?

This deposit dilema topic was debated a couple of weeks ago on this site. Check back for views.

I like the DPS government one myself. Ideal for a first AST I would argue.

Mortitia

Hi,

I, too, am totally satisfied with the service delivered by mydeposits. It is important, when you secure the deposit, to provide the tenant with the details of the scheme (ie: my deposits) that has been used to protect the money. When you secure the deposit on mydeposits then they provide you with a leaflet / document that you need to give to the tenant along with the protection certificate (that both the landlord and tenant must sign).

I have not added any extra clauses into my tenancy agreements as I believe the supplementary information for tenants together with the certificate itself clearly shows that the deposit has been protected with mydeposits.

Mark

Archived