AST Renewal fees

J4L

Personally I don't charge Tenants or Landlords to renew a Tenancy agreement but I heard this horror story today from a Tenant who was charged £185 every 6 months to renew the contract and the LL was charged £130!!!

My ? is you Private LL's. Do you charge the Tenant for a renewal and/or have you been charged by an agent for this and to what tune?

unprotect and reprotect deposit?

Quite ridiculous to be charged that sort of money. Shame you can't name names but the Landlord should have enough gumption to realise he / she are being taken for mug.

Mel.

unprotect and reprotect deposit?

Yes cracking deal .....regardless of dep amt or period of occ ....costs £30 ....but at end of ast (or replacement with another) then dep must be unprotected and reprotected for "new" ast eac and everytime ....

so a dep of £5000 costs £30 for possibly 20-30 yrs on a long term T

but the same T ...who may want to renew often (for security and peace of mind etc) could be £60 pa ....same T same Dep

I dont make the rules ....just do as instructed .....and as a LL those are my charges (£30 renewal) if T doesnt like it ....then Tara..................

The Rodent

Seems daft when people could get it protected for free and don't need to renew it.

I hope you give people the option!!!

I know the answer to this so I don't even know why i'm asking . ... . . :ph34r:

haha you are so funny!

I NOW wonder what 'particularly good' in your eyes is?

I wonder why . . . . ... . .

yes AND curtis stigers . . . .

Archived