tenants give notiice to quit

metrocab

my tenants have said they want to move because the people above are to noisey this has been going on a while and they have writen letters to them asking them to keep it down, also their landlord has been contacted about the problem,what i would like to know is can i seek compensation from the other landlord for my loss until the flat is let again. :(

In a word Ray No.

The chances of you getting compensation are about as good as you winning a triple rollover on the lottery this Saturday.

The noise issue should be taken up with the local council noise abatement officer who will ask for details of your complaint and act accordingly.

Put some pressure on the other landlord to do something, namely evict their tenant! Get other residents to address their grievances to them also and get the council involved. I have been in a situation whereby it was my tenant who was the nuisance T and the other residents used to call the police and council when my T played up! Eventually the pressure, letters, emails, etc. from residents and later the management company got rather too much and I had to serve notice. Forget compensation though, all that will do will stress you out further and you'll still get nothing.

Archived