Tenant ring with Shower complaint

heebs

Hello all

please could some of you more experienced wise LL's please let me know if i let out a prop with a shower in full working order...

After a few months the tenants tell me the Power in the shower is not working...but the water is still coming out of the shower head

then they ring again a few days later and say that the shower is no longer working.

Is it the LL expense to fix it or if we supplied it working then they should make sure it is working and returned working.

I am not sure how to answer them and need to do so today as its their only bathroom.

Thanks in advance

Hi Heebs,

Of course it is the landlords responsibility to fix the shower in the landlord's property.

Until you get it fixed it is possible that the tenant cannot WASH !!

Get it fixed ASAP otherwise you are likely to lose your tenant to another landlord .... and that will cost you a lot more money than a replacement shower.

Mark

Hi Heebs,

Of course it is the landlords responsibility to fix the shower in the landlord's property.

Until you get it fixed it is possible that the tenant cannot WASH !!

Get it fixed ASAP otherwise you are likely to lose your tenant to another landlord .... and that will cost you a lot more money than a replacement shower.

Mark

thanks all for your advice...the shower is not the only washing facility..they have a huge bath tub too...hot water on tap. Will sort it out,..but will look into misuse.

Not sure how to misuse a power shower as the pump is a sealed unit so any evidence of physical damage would be external. Though with some things people do you just never know; such as one tenant of mine who, even though fitted windows for a living, decided that it was OK to nail shut every downstairs floor window on the outside (for security reasons - doh!)...

Archived