Accelerated possession

marcola

A notice of issue was served by the court for me and on day 14 the tennent filed a defence asking for another 42 days to find somwwhere else to live ! They have had nearly 4 months already ! Does the court usually take the side of the tennant? Or can I do anything about it.

A notice of issue was served by the court for me and on day 14 the tennent filed a defence asking for another 42 days to find somwwhere else to live ! They have had nearly 4 months already ! Does the court usually take the side of the tennant? Or can I do anything about it.

The judge ruled in favour ! gave them 14 days to vacate BUT I also got a letter telling me I have to go to court for a hearing ???

Anyone know why that is ? I phoned the court but they couldn't understand why I to go either !

• 2 weeks later...

Just for anyone who is interested, I did have to go to court ,with the tennant ,to be asked some questions by a judge. As someone who has never been in a court before I wasn't sure what to expect but it was ok. The judge ran rings round my tennant was very pleasant to me and told the tennant he could only grant him an extra 10 days or the court would evict him. My tennant also told the judge he would pay all outstanding rent by tommorrow !! yeah right ! Well now I've been through that I will not hesitate to use the court to get my arrears ( I now know how much money my tenants earn, thanks to the judge ) so they have no reson not to pay me.

I'll let you know if anything else happens.

Archived