Gas Safety Certificates & Servicing Charges?

scoot2001

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little feedback on the price my plumber is charging for Gas Safety certs and servicing, I do have a few houses so pricing varies as some houses have gas fires, some do not.

He is basically asking £50 for the safety certificate itself (which does not include any servicing) and then £50 to service the boiler and £50 to service the fire. There is also a charge for some parts on the bill in addition (I have yet to ask but assume they are not covered within the servicing charge).

Does this seem reasonable?

Many thanks.

They certainly are not right prices! £150! He's having a laugh! Get rid of him as soon as you like!

We charge a combined price for servicing appliances which includes the cost and issuing of a Landlords cerificate.

Gas cookers are included in the safety check and listed as such on the certificate.

Rough guide for you..........£60 for a boiler service inc. certificate and VAT. PLUS any parts required which is normally minimal.

Gas fire service whilst on site around £25.

Pressure system test etc. of pipework for soundeness from meter box to property etc. all part of the safety check.

Mel.

I have a Homecare agreement with British Gas. Recent annual charge is about £60 per appliance check (2 - cooker and fire), £24 for certificate, plus £180 for annual Homecare insurance on central heating to cover everything from boiler to hot taps including controls etc. Everything using gas is checked including meter.

Prices vary according to local market conditions and contacts you may have etc. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me but elsewhere might be considered high. You can only judge it by taking local comparisons.

I have asked another local plumber and he is quoting £60 for a combined boiler service and Landlords Safety Certificate. Gas Fire service would be an additional £15 or so extra if there is a fire in the property, so pretty similar prices to Rodents.

Scott.

I have asked another local plumber and he is quoting £60 for a combined boiler service and Landlords Safety Certificate. Gas Fire service would be an additional £15 or so extra if there is a fire in the property, so pretty similar prices to Rodents.

Scott.

Which is exactly what we charge.....and like I said the other Guy is a rip-off merchant.

The only time you may pay slightly higher prices is in the London area.

Mel.

Archived