RENT ARREARS NEW SKY TV!!!!

austynqueen08

Dear all,

I have just viewed my house, from outside (possesion - county court hearing 24th July), and I am in total rage :blink::D to find the installation of sky tv....with a dish on the front of my house, permission was never sought. I'm to angry to type anymore.....as she is four months in arrears AS WELL....... .

Can I phone sky to remove the dish? Can I remove the dish?

Well, of course, you are correct in saying that the Tenant should have asked permission first but as there is a Tenant in your property who is 4 Months in arrears with rent they are hardly likely to say "Please".

Yes, you can remove the dish but only after they have been evicted.

I would phone SKY and see what they have to say about it......bet the person is not in arrears with their SKY payments! or if they are and SKY are not happy tell SKY to come and take the dish away.

SKY can disconnect services through the telephone line for non-payers but of course you can still receive all the free-view channels and the normal 5 channels even when disconnected.

Mel.

I had this with a tenant but agent said you can't reasonably withhold permission as it detracts from their enjoyment of the house, I was initially livid but then forgot about it as wasn't worth losing tenants over, they stayed another 18 months.

Rather than see it as a negative the Sky Dish installed sounds good on advert and they only need get a new Sky box.

Hi

It is hard to deal with bad tenants as what ever you do can put you at risk of an harassment charge.

This is something that a sly tenant will try to draw you into because if they can prove harassment it can sway a possession order especially if the tenant is represented by an experienced advocate.

If I have a tenant who I believe presents this type of risk I remove myself from all personal direct contact.

The method is quite simple send all correspondence in writing stating your refusal to deal direct with them and request that they no longer call directly as you believe them to pose you a risk.

I then have a deal with a local letting agent who will provide a management service in order to give professionalism to all future direct contact.

Then once this has been established then I present the tenant with all possible legal documents. I have a package of a section 8 and a section 21 notice coupled with a CCJ.

I find issuing a CCJ via moneyclaim.gov.uk very rewarding as they get the official documents within 24hrs and you can manage this judgement online even as far as sending the bailiffs if they don’t challenge within the time limit and its very cheap as you only pay the court fee.

I then make sure that another tenant lets drop that I can only enforce a CCJ if I know their address (ie my address) and it usually does the trick and they do a runner.

Good luck

Oliver

Dear all,

Oliver: Single parent with two teenage children in terraced house, unable to do the 'other tenant trick, unfortunately in my hasty panic I've employed a solicitor....NEVER again!!

Odecar: Get your point re SKY for future....it's just the audacity!!!

Mel: To avoid suggestions of harrassment via SKY, I will wait until 24th July, I hear what you say re 'permission' my hand has been slapped accordingly!!!Duh

Many thanks for your spot on advice, as always....my user name speaks for itself!!! I will await the court hearing on the 24th July.....I 'll keep you posted!!

A tap from a long stick will knock the dish out of line with the satellite and cause signal to drop out !!!

childish and foolish but may help you feel better /.............!

Also if the front of the house needs painting - like tomorrow- then it will have to be removed for painting -at the cost of the tenant ! and will then need permission to be re installed(which clearly you dont have to give ) - probably a waste of your time re time frame but may be helpful for the future !

Simon

Archived