DEPOSIT SCHEME COSTS

JANVJOHNS

Lodging the "deposit" will be free -

The time taken to do meticulous inventories- pictures-admin etc has a cost due to "time element"

Also preparing to go to arbitration, writing letters to organise a "single" claim (when tenant is unco-op or AWOL) time.......money

Court - preparing paperwork - (prosecution case !) almost certainly write off one full working day for each court case appearance.Unless of course you are going to send legal representation (that's not cheap!) but even so you will probably have to attend as well!

Travel - courtcase will almost certainly be held in home town of x tenant !

So no upfront costs - it will all come later !!

Good news - this is only for the disputed ones !

Simon

The Deposit Schemes have been implemented by the Government to regulate Landlords - not tenants - so the landlord should pay the additional costs.

That's why the new legislation is so unpopular because landlords are known for being "careful" with their money.

If some landlords, in the past, had been less careful with their money - and not ripped off their tenants - there would not have been a need for this new legislation to regulate us all.

Mark

Hi Trenners

Agreed - but above cost will apply regardless of whether claim is legit or not with a tenant havin nothing to lose as there is no cost to them - my opinion a lot of tenants "will try it on ! and cost us a lot of money - time will tell!

In my opinion any Landlord who thinks the "TDS" is a "great idea" has either not thought about carefully and in depth of the ramificatons or is lacking in the knowledge that only comes with experience !

The idea in princople is fair and correct - but the implementation is a completely different matter.

Simon

would love to be saying i got it wrong -Let's see -

Simon

Archived