section 8 notice

bacard

hi my tenants are 3 months behind with the rent, because of this i have now decided to sell the property, can i put the property on the market first and then issue them with a section 8 a month or so later? or do you think the court would go againt me saying that i am evicting the tenant because i want to sell and not because they are behind with the rent.

regards bacard

Serve the Section 8 I beg of you!!! My tenant is 3 months behind and is being evicted tomorrow. I served the section 8 when he was 3 weeks overdue on 21st November, this is how long it takes to get rid of them!!! Standing in front of a judge did not have that much of an effect on my tenant, I've thrown him to the debt collectors now and that seems to be having an impression. The judge will not care if you are selling or not, by now you have mandatory grounds.

Serve the Section 8 I beg of you!!! My tenant is 3 months behind and is being evicted tomorrow. I served the section 8 when he was 3 weeks overdue on 21st November, this is how long it takes to get rid of them!!! Standing in front of a judge did not have that much of an effect on my tenant, I've thrown him to the debt collectors now and that seems to be having an impression. The judge will not care if you are selling or not, by now you have mandatory grounds.

hi pugsy thank you for you advice, can you give me some further help.

i am not sure of the wording of a s8 or do i need a solicitor to send it ?

also i assume the s8 gets the tenant out when you appear in court, but does the court also make him pay the rent arrears at the same hearing, or do i have to take him to court seperatly for this

regards

bacard

S8 is quite wordy so get a proper one served. You don't need a solicitor. The award of possession includes an order for arrears to be paid. Both can be enforced through bailiffs if not settled by the defendant, but arrears often go unrecovered.

Archived