CGT valuation

kanrent

Hi i need a valuation for my let property for capital gains reason should i decide to sell in the future, can anyone tell me who i should get to do the valuation, does HMRC have a special requirement for this on will an estate agent's valuation be accepted by HMRC

thank you for any advise 

Why do you need the valuation ?

Have you just purchased it / carried out significant improvements / or was it your main home that's now being let or some other reason ?

I don't see why an average of 3 separate agents valuations would not be sufficient. Alternatively there are plenty of web sites that give actual prices achieved so, if your property is one of the same you could use prices achieved.

No, actually I didn't know that. Because I am resident in the UK the changes wouldn't have applied to me so i wouldn't have taken any notice/ interest in any announcement during the budget. Given the quality of fiscal reporting by the UK press recently it's questionable wether it would have even been reported by the media at the time.

So, at what date do you need the valuation to reflect:-

* from when you started letting it ?

* from the introduction of the legislation affecting non res' ?

Both are at some point in the past....... So, you will probably need a current valuation (get 3 & take the average) and then use the official monthly house price indicator to work back to the date you need.

Archived