Ending Tenancy

bil8999

Q1.    Provided the notice either.  

i) meets the legal timing requirements or

ii) is acceptable to the landlord

Q2.     No

Thanks RL, yes its acceptable by me the landlord, now what about his goods, have I got to store them somewhere, and how long for?

He text saying he will be out by the 2nd of Nov, called at the flat today, looks like he has not been there for several weeks, owes 3 weeks rent, come the 3rd of Nov can I move out his good into storage, tried texting him no reply.

If you entered the property without the tenants permission you have committed an offence. The property is not yours to enter whilst there is a tenancy.

Do you have a clause in your tenancy agreement covering storage of property/abandoned goods ?

If you entered the property without the tenants permission you have committed an offence. The property is not yours to enter whilst there is a tenancy.

Do you have a clause in your tenancy agreement covering storage of property/abandoned goods ?

He has just text saying that he will leave keys under dustbin, and that he will be leaving goods as he no longer needs them and can't get them moved out.

Oh the joys of being a landlord.

Did not enter property, looked through window, asked neighbour etc.

No don't have a clause covering abandoned goods, but will in future, how should it be worded and is it legal? 

One of the many legitimate claims on deposit money is the disposal of tenants goods and effects. If you can you should download the text and print it in case its needed as evidence.

I have a clause in my ast ill post it later.

Archived