Flood risk classification

quantum37

Hi Everyone, I am about to insure 2 of my properties which are 2 end of terrace houses on a terrace of 4 houses. However the insurers tell me the one has a high flood risk, this is quite baffling as they are both on the same level. The NFU refused to quote. So does anyone know how you go about challenging a flood risk designation. Many thanks to anyone who can enlighten me

Try several companies and not just one.

Has there been flooding at the properties?

Who do the neighbours insure with - try their company?

Is this the first time you are buying insurance and are they new purchases? If so the 'environmental search' on your properties should should have flagged up flood risk.

Thanks for the replies, I have owned the properties 4 years and everything altered last year going from £450 to £1300 that being for 3 properties, mistakenly I thought the increase was the result of a troublesome tenant. There have been no flooding events so I still scratching my head over the classing as high risk.

There is a website you can use that will detail your flood risk. Try googling it. This will give you precise details that you can use to convince your insurance company

Archived