buildings insurance

JAGDEP

:rolleyes:

I am trying to review my management charge buidings insurance cost with the freeholder

any ideas for good companies to use for quote comparisons

thanks

Jag ;)

If you live in a block of appartments the it is likely to be a commercial insurance broker you need.

I can pass on the details of a good company that i use for my property

The management company would insure the whole block then charge it back to the owners of the individual appartments

e.g to insure a block of 6 appartments £1200 pa / 6 = £200

Your management charge would cover the cost of keeping up the maintenance of communial areas,roof etc.

This can vary but you should check on the lease agreement you had when you bought the property.

You should be provided with a breakdown.

Ken

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I Have fairly large portfolio and got sick of high street prices - so went through broker and got deal with a Lloyds syndicate and got my premium down from what in the high street was very competitive at £4500 pa to £2300 !!!!!!!!!

Definately worth calling a few brokers

Try Jo Buffry on 01656 679702 and tell her you got the number from Simon at Pine Dungeon !

Got to be worth a call !

Would be interested if anyone beats her quote as i will move mine which is due soon - No one has beaten her quote for me in 5 years so still there ! (also would have no hesitation in moving if it was cheaper elsewhere )

Simon

Ps No i am not linked in anyway to these guys.

Hi All

I Have fairly large portfolio and got sick of high street prices - so went through broker and got deal with a Lloyds syndicate and got my premium down from what in the high street was very competitive at £4500 pa to £2300 !!!!!!!!!

Definately worth calling a few brokers

Try Jo Buffry on 01656 679702 and tell her you got the number from Simon at Pine Dungeon !

Got to be worth a call !

Would be interested if anyone beats her quote as i will move mine which is due soon - No one has beaten her quote for me in 5 years so still there ! (also would have no hesitation in moving if it was cheaper elsewhere )

Simon

Ps No i am not linked in anyway to these guys.

Archived