How to go about ref/paper work on letting property

sha

HI

Can anyone help please.

Now i know you have to get ref tenants etc.

But how do you go about researching the proprestive tenants.

credit checks.

You guess it i am a newbie, i can do all the house things, ie gas check/elec/ insurance etc

But i just need someone to go through with me about the tenant things, ie paper work ref damage dsposit etc

What is the step by step guide on tenant side, we have had a few people who want to move in, but i just need to know as i just don't want to get this wrong .

Not forgetting where no i get the forms from ie tanants aggreement referance forms etc thank you

So all help appreciate. thank you

Look around on landlord sites - they all offer agreements and forms - sometimes you just have to dot he legwork yourself.

Use a firm to credit check your proposed tenant and once you get the results double check by phoning the employer.

If it is recommended that the tenant has a guarantor then make sure that is drawn up as a deed and make sure they are a property owner.

You have loads to learn - way more than can be typed here - read more on the internet.

You maybe better off using a tenant find service from a agent for your first tenant or full management to give you a understanding of the process. It isn't a quick process learning to be a landlord and very easy to get wrong. Experienced landlords and agents on this site are still learning and have done it for many years.

You may want to join the Guild of residential landlords it will have all the info, doc, contracts, notices etc you will ever need and someone is at the end of a phone to help you out with any question/issues. The cost to join for a landlord is very reasonable for what you get.

https://www.landlordsguild.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Look around on landlord sites - they all offer agreements and forms - sometimes you just have to dot he legwork yourself.

Use a firm to credit check your proposed tenant and once you get the results double check by phoning the employer.

If it is recommended that the tenant has a guarantor then make sure that is drawn up as a deed and make sure they are a property owner.

You have loads to learn - way more than can be typed here - read more on the internet.

thank you have been busy looking at sites etc,

You maybe better off using a tenant find service from a agent for your first tenant or full management to give you a understanding of the process. It isn't a quick process learning to be a landlord and very easy to get wrong. Experienced landlords and agents on this site are still learning and have done it for many years.

You may want to join the Guild of residential landlords it will have all the info, doc, contracts, notices etc you will ever need and someone is at the end of a phone to help you out with any question/issues. The cost to join for a landlord is very reasonable for what you get.

https://www.landlordsguild.com/

this website i have tried not is not available can you just double check to see if that is the right spelling thank you

I only get a guarantor if the person is under 21 or there are issues in his/her referencing. Occasionally referencing companies will recommend you get a G for a particular person - the one time I did not do this they defaulted on rent 2 years into the tenancy and it took me 8 months to get him out.

Always use a guarantor who is a homeowner not as ARLA recommend just someone who earns over £30,000 pa - reason being that if they don't pay up you can trace them very easily and put a charge on their house/chattels if they still don't pay.

Archived