access for utiliites

kevfallon

hi all,

my partner has a flat let out by an agent, she has had some 3rd party bad reports about the tennant and has decided to evict. b the b.

Whilst visiting the property tonight to get a better understanding of the situation from another resident of the flats, we noticed in the communial hallway what looked like cast drain pipes bolted to the wall, across the ceiling and into her flats outside store, there is also what looks like a gas service pipe coming from the flat?

1. should not the utility company have permission of the landlord and or letting agent before any works (essential or otherwise) are carried out, niether of which has been contacted.

2. I suspect the pipe entry into the outside store, which is in the hallway area, is a vent for other areas under council control, again no permission for access or right of way.

3. The works carried out are highly distateful to look at, a right bodge job, in and out type of affair.

The look of it, really throws you off as you come in.

4. This was all done a few months ago any suggestions on how and who to redress.

thanks.

hi all,

my partner has a flat let out by an agent, she has had some 3rd party bad reports about the tennant and has decided to evict. b the b.

Whilst visiting the property tonight to get a better understanding of the situation from another resident of the flats, we noticed in the communial hallway what looked like cast drain pipes bolted to the wall, across the ceiling and into her flats outside store, there is also what looks like a gas service pipe coming from the flat?

1. should not the utility company have permission of the landlord and or letting agent before any works (essential or otherwise) are carried out, niether of which has been contacted.

2. I suspect the pipe entry into the outside store, which is in the hallway area, is a vent for other areas under council control, again no permission for access or right of way.

3. The works carried out are highly distateful to look at, a right bodge job, in and out type of affair.

The look of it, really throws you off as you come in.

4. This was all done a few months ago any suggestions on how and who to redress.

thanks.

1. The answer is....... Yes

2. Any gas service pipe must be clearly marked and identified as being Gas. CORGI Regulation.

3. If whoever installed the gaswork is NOT CORGI Registered then report them via CORGI and Trading Standards.

Mel.

2. Any gas service pipe must be clearly marked and identified as being Gas. CORGI Regulation.

3. If whoever installed the gaswork is NOT CORGI Registered then report them via CORGI and Trading Standards.

Mel.

Thanks, I understand the letting agent will be earning her fee, chasing down the who, what and why of this.

kev.

Mel.

Thanks, I understand the letting agent will be earning her fee, chasing down the who, what and why of this.

kev.

Archived