LANDLORD INSURANCE

darren9659

JUST A QUICK QUESTION.

AS THE LANDLORD INSURANCE PREMIUMS SEEM TO KEEP STEADILY RISING,I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY REASONABLLY PRICED INSURANCE COMPANIES.THIS IS A EXPENSE WHICH ALTHOUGH IS NECESSARY I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE COST TO A MININUM AND I SEEM TO FILL ENDLESS ONLINE QUOTES..IVE TRIED MOST OF THE ONES ON THIS SITE ALREADY.

ANY RECCOMENDATIONS APPRECIATED

THANKS

Keeping insurance costs to a minimum means you'll probably get the equivalent to TPFT car insurance, not fully comp. Don't just compare price, also look at the cover provided. You can get cheap insurance, Homelet does one, but you won't get cover for accidental and malicious tenant-damage, loss of rent if problem with the property, loss of rent for problems with agent's premises etc.

I'm insured with paragon, as well as malious damage their policy covers DSS and students, which gives you flexibility throughout the year, this also covers you fully if your property is empty for up to 60 days, some insurance premiums only cover you fully for 30 days if your property is empty. My yearly premium was £242 a year, but I had to raise the excess to £500 to get it this low. There may well be better offers out there, but that was the best one I found after quite some time of searching

Archived