Jump to content



Recommended Posts

my flat is covered by building insurance ( payed to managing agent of the complex of flats.) Can anyone tell me if I need insurance to cover me for injury to tenants / their visitors whilst in the flat? I asked an estated agent, he said I did not neet it, however I want to make sure.

I look forward to a reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Collette,

It is wise to consider this cover to assure you have all angles covered.

Not many companies offer property owners liability insurance as a stand-alone cover however, a decent landlord's contents insurance policy should automatically include this cover (always check with the insurer / broker before you purchase!).

Landlord's contents insurance policies can start from as little as £62.50 pa (depending on full risk details) and include £2,000,000 property owners liability as standard. Should your risk criteria fall within the realms of minimum premiums it would be a very small price to pay for that extra protection & peace of mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Collette

Please check the Landlord Insurance Centre on this website.


You will find a list of our insurance partners here.

Many of these companies can help you - Ceta and IPS Insurance mentions this service. You could speak to Kam of IPS insurance on 0116 2717182.

Hope this helps.


Partnership Manager

Residential Landlord

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...