Accelerated possession order

kate100

it depends on each individual. With the accelerated proecure you only gat the property back but cannot claim for rent arrears within the same proceedings. The usual time should be about 3 months but it really depends on how busy your local county court is. Sometimes, they really take alon time.

Hello Kate

Yes I have experience of the Accelerated Possession Order. I have been doing this type of work for 8 years.

Once the S21 Housing Act Notice has expired it takes about 28 days to obtain an order for possession the procedure entitles you to a possession order and costs but not rent arrears. There should be no need for a hearing provided the Notice is fine and served correctly.

I do recommend this route, we use it quite often for our landlords

If you need help with it then call us.

Mrs Toyin Davidson-Ero

LLb, F.Inst.L.Ex

Landlord Support Services

Tel: 0845 128 4032

infor@landlordslawyer.co.uk

www.landlordslawyer.co.uk

Thank you for the replies everyone. It is reassuring to know that the APO does not take forever. I will let you know how it all goes, but I am hoping it does not come to that.

What if my tenant moves out before the possession order is granted by the courts, but after I have applied for the order? Are the tenants still liable for the costs?

Archived