Jump to content

Tax - first year returns


Recommended Posts

I'm about to rent out my first property from Feb and looking at HMRC tax guidance it suggests

If the income is more than £2,500 in a year, report it on your Self Assessment tax return.

If the income is less than £2,500, call the Self Assessment Helpline and ask for form P810.

Given that my income based on Feb, Mar, April will be less than £2500 for this tax year I assume no need to complete a SA return this year just complete a P810?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

We rang the tax office earlier this week about exactly what you've said.

Conclusion was that we should put our losses on our SA return (husband is self-employed in another business area).

I *think* the P180 can be used for tax to be paid via your normal PAYE system, but of course in our case, we don't pay tax by PAYE anyway - hence putting it onto our SA tax return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...