Rent increase

Mark G

We are increaseing the rent of a couple of properties with tenants that are becoming long term.

We had a six month AST which has rolled into a monthly peridoc tenancy, to increase the rent we are completing a Form 4B, Section 13(2) of the Housing act 1988.

We have increased the rents in the past by talking with the tenants, then sending a letter informing of the rent increase and date of commenment. However we realise that this is not the correct procedure.

This time we have researched and will use the correct form which is Form 4B

My query is point 3, What does it mean by The first rent increase date after 11th February 2003 is, surely this must be the date of the last rent increase, not the first rent increase as this would serve no purpose?

Would appreciate some opinion as I wish to complete the form correctly.

Many thanks in advance.

We are increaseing the rent of a couple of properties with tenants that are becoming long term.

We had a six month AST which has rolled into a monthly peridoc tenancy, to increase the rent we are completing a Form 4B, Section 13(2) of the Housing act 1988.

We have increased the rents in the past by talking with the tenants, then sending a letter informing of the rent increase and date of commenment. However we realise that this is not the correct procedure.

This time we have researched and will use the correct form which is Form 4B

My query is point 3, What does it mean by The first rent increase date after 11th February 2003 is, surely this must be the date of the last rent increase, not the first rent increase as this would serve no purpose?

Would appreciate some opinion as I wish to complete the form correctly.

Many thanks in advance.

In that box, you write the date you first used section 13 on this tenancy, or if you have never used it before, the date you intend this application to take effect. It is something to do with the Regulatory Reform (Assured Periodic Tenancies) (Rent Increases) Act 2003.

Archived