Hello

Orac

Hello this is my first post. Before I get started. Or too heavily into this forum, which national criteria is this forum based on? As the law in the USA, Australia, UK may differ slightly?

I live in the UK. I am about to end my teneancy. I am a little fearful that the landlord might start cataloging wear and tear unfairly, or he will try take advantage in some way. I might be over reacting however, if I join a forum like this I might get some good advice. I just want to do what is fair and know what our responsibilities are?

For example, my flat mate has a mound problem under the curtain rail. Which damage the wall paper in that area only. The landlord is saying that the whole room needs to be painted, to make it look even? He said the decorater gave a quote of £250. Is this right, personally I am not sure here?

Best regards

Orac.

• 1 month later...

I bet you are long gone but this is a UK based forum - well England and Wales in any case.

I would expect a tenant to act to prevent mould by venting the property properly and wiping up damp that could cause mould.

Decorating the whole room when only one wall is effected is unfair. Decoration of 1 wall with emulsion paint should cost around £60.

Mortitia

• 1 month later...

Hello this is my first post. Before I get started. Or too heavily into this forum, which national criteria is this forum based on? As the law in the USA, Australia, UK may differ slightly?

I live in the UK. I am about to end my teneancy. I am a little fearful that the landlord might start cataloging wear and tear unfairly, or he will try take advantage in some way. I might be over reacting however, if I join a forum like this I might get some good advice. I just want to do what is fair and know what our responsibilities are?

For example, my flat mate has a mound problem under the curtain rail. Which damage the wall paper in that area only. The landlord is saying that the whole room needs to be painted, to make it look even? He said the decorater gave a quote of £250. Is this right, personally I am not sure here?

Best regards

Orac.

First of all you need a independent inventory clerk to do the check out on your behalf, then the assessment can be made. The LL has to give you the chance to set things straight before they can start deducting money from you. If you have not found a clerk yet, we can provide one for you.

Tony

Archived