Section 21 - can I claim court fee?

Mortitia

I am just doubting my own sanity at the moment.

I have tenants have recently gone on HB - I don't do HB tenants so after some thought I decided to to down the already in place Section 21 route. The tenants who are Poles seemed to be under the impression that LA would stump up a large house and garden for them - they didn't - shame. They went to Shelter who then took up there case. I applied for a court order and they have defended asking for 42 days stay.

Within a week they have announced that they have found alternative accommodation and are leaving tonight. I have asked the court for the fee of £175. The case has not come to court yet so can I take the court fee from the deposit? There is enough deposit to cover rent arrears and court fee. In their defence statement they said they did not want to be charged for the court fee as they were not working.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Mortitia

Thanks for a prompt reply LAW. I suppose the best thing is to hold on to the deposit as long as legally possible pending the outcome of the judgement? I know they do not have the cash and don't want to spend more time and effort chasing them with MCOL.

Mortitia

Archived