Jump to content

Renting rooms in my house - insurance


Recommended Posts


I recently bought and moved into a three bedroom house. I am renting one of the rooms to a friend and will soon be advertising the third room. At the moment there is no written agreement in place with my friend, but there could be if necessary for insurance purposes and there would certainly be with a third, unknown party.

My question is whether I can take out insurance to cover my possessions (furniture, TV, music system, kitchen equipment, etc.) which are largely communal, my personal possessions (laptop, clothes, etc.) and my tenants' personal possessions, or do we all need to take out our own individual insurance?

Any advice most appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...