Getting insurance with claims.

tazo101

Having problems getting building insurance on 3 properties. Have 11 houses for over 20 years now trying to get new quotes as CIS are useless and expensive...... however as i have 3 claims (in total!) in last 3 years on all the houses getting no quotes. What does everybody else do? Any advice tips appreciated.

I think you may have trouble getting online quotes as most online systems will automatically say no to a certain total cost or number of claims within a given period.

Find the insurers you are interested in using and ring them to get your quotes. Allow a good 24/48 hours for them to get your premium as they may need to manually refer your risk to the underwriters.

It should not be a problem to get cover but you might have to go through this slightly longer winded way of getting quotes rather than quick and easy online systems.

Hi Tazo,

There are loads of companies out there - why not try Direct Line Landlord Inurance as they seem to be advertising everywhere right now as the best deal.

You don't say what the claims were at 3 of your propeties - were they serious and CIS think you are too risky so don't expect a cheap deal?

If all else fails try a broker who deals with this sort of thing - I have used Assetsure - 01707 664300 for some oddball things I have had to insure

Mortitia

Hi I dont class as serious total came to £4500. Have been with CIS for 20 years and just got sick of lost payments lost details etc etc etc. Will try these companies and thanks.

Hi Tazo,

There are loads of companies out there - why not try Direct Line Landlord Inurance as they seem to be advertising everywhere right now as the best deal.

You don't say what the claims were at 3 of your propeties - were they serious and CIS think you are too risky so don't expect a cheap deal?

If all else fails try a broker who deals with this sort of thing - I have used Assetsure - 01707 664300 for some oddball things I have had to insure

Mortitia

Archived