rental insurance

Emma S

I would like to get landlord rental protection. Acorn estate agents has found us a tenant and carried out credit and referencing checks. We as landlords will be managing the property form the day the tenant moves in. Acorn only use Homelet and I am finding it very difficult to get independent insurance.

I believe I will have the reference checks etc when the tenant moves in? I do not require building or contents insurance.

Could you please advice me how to proceed as it seems to be a complicated matter of only using the insurance company affiliated with the estate agents?

In the past we have used Maras (through the agent - Robert Stanford) that was currently managing our property. Are they a good company, they seem alot cheaper than Homelet?

Emma

I have never used this type of insurance but Homelet does seem to be the market leader. Have you searched around on the web for others? You can choose any company you want.

Ask to see and have copies of the tenant checks - some agents try not to let you have them but I always insist. You have paid for them so you should have them. If you have tenants with sound well paid jobs and no CCJ's then why do you need Homelet cover? Think carefully about that.

No you don't have to insure contents but you do have to insure the buildings. I always tell the tenants this at the outset so they can decide what cover, if any, they want for their belongings as these are thier responsibility

Hope this helps

Mortitia.

Emma

There are lots of rent protection insurance providers out there. Just do a google search and you will get loads. I know of www.RentonTime.co.uk and www.LetInsurance.co.uk . You might want to start with them. Good luck. Jenny

I would like to get landlord rental protection. Acorn estate agents has found us a tenant and carried out credit and referencing checks. We as landlords will be managing the property form the day the tenant moves in. Acorn only use Homelet and I am finding it very difficult to get independent insurance.

I believe I will have the reference checks etc when the tenant moves in? I do not require building or contents insurance.

Could you please advice me how to proceed as it seems to be a complicated matter of only using the insurance company affiliated with the estate agents?

In the past we have used Maras (through the agent - Robert Stanford) that was currently managing our property. Are they a good company, they seem alot cheaper than Homelet?

Emma

Archived