signing the tenancy agreement

cliff6@gmail.com

The letting agency tells me when a tenancy has expired and the property has been re-let but I am never asked to sign a new tenancy agreement. Presumably the letting agent is signing it on behalf of the landlord. Is that in order? How do I stand if problems occur with a tenant and I have not signed the tenancy agreement with that tenant?

It is standard practice for the agent to sign as your behalf. When you entered into your agreement with the letting agent I think you will find that you gave them that right to act for you in the matter of signing (check to be sure). You could ask to sign if you wish and it is convenient to you.

The agent signing should not provide you with any obstruction if you end up in an acrimonious situation with tenants.

Hope this helps.

Mortitia

It is standard practice for the agent to sign as your behalf. When you entered into your agreement with the letting agent I think you will find that you gave them that right to act for you in the matter of signing (check to be sure). You could ask to sign if you wish and it is convenient to you.

The agent signing should not provide you with any obstruction if you end up in an acrimonious situation with tenants.

Hope this helps.

Mortitia

It does. Thank you

Archived