section 21 notice and 1 month in arrears

shan

hi can anyone advize me on the correct dates to issue a section 21 notice

my tenant is on a periodic tenancy and should pay rent in avance on the 15th of each month

i know i have to give 2 months notice

can anyone tell me what would be the expiry date on the notice

and how many days before the 15 should they recive it through their letter box,

also they are 1 month in arrears with the rent,

how can i get retrive that

i have one months deposit which is held by me and not protected because i have been holding it for the last 4 years before the dps came in to force

Hi Shan,

as the start date of tenancy / rent due day is 15th of each month, notice needs to be served by the 14th (14th May to get possession back on 14th July). I would personally serve notice in person, and it's best to get someone to witness you giving notice.

Alternatively, you could try recorded delivery, the downside to this is that the tenant could refuse to sign or not be in and the letter would return to the postal depot.

Either way, act now, try to give notice in person, if there are not in, try again 2moro. If you're too far from property, send recorded delivery today.

Regarding the deposit, you can keep this for non-payment of rent. If the unpaid rent adds up more than one month, or they have damaged your property in any way seek a county court judgement to sue for money back. Try and get a forwarding address before you do this. Try and be as reasonable as you can, at the same time make it clear you aint a mug. Good luck

hi can anyone advize me on the correct dates to issue a section 21 notice

my tenant is on a periodic tenancy and should pay rent in avance on the 15th of each month

i know i have to give 2 months notice

can anyone tell me what would be the expiry date on the notice

and how many days before the 15 should they recive it through their letter box,

also they are 1 month in arrears with the rent,

how can i get retrive that

i have one months deposit which is held by me and not protected because i have been holding it for the last 4 years before the dps came in to force

Hi Shan,

Though I agree with what Reg has said if you can't for some reason give the notice in person here is a good way of successful serving.

Prepare 2 separate section 21' s and put them in separate envelopes addressed to the tenant making sure you have got the dates and details correct. Post each from a separate post offices getting 'proof of posting' receipt from the counter assistant at each and post in pillar box in normal manner.

This avoids the tenant having to sign or having to go to sorting office if they don't anwer the door. Chances of both getting 'lost in the post' is slim and you have the 'proof of posting' twice over if you have to go to court.

Cheers,

Mortitia

Archived