4 people in a 2 bed flat

MICHAELA8668

We have had an offer for our large 2 bed flat available for rent at the moment. They have offered the full asking price. They sound good in very respect. Older parents, grown up son and sons partner. All in empolyment, etc. I am just concerned about the wear and tear with 4 as we were really aiming at 2 sharers. Woudl you ask for more rent.

We have had an offer for our large 2 bed flat available for rent at the moment. They have offered the full asking price. They sound good in very respect. Older parents, grown up son and sons partner. All in empolyment, etc. I am just concerned about the wear and tear with 4 as we were really aiming at 2 sharers. Woudl you ask for more rent.

excuse typos.

This is always the problem if you do 'doubles' - twice the wear and tear.

If you have agreed a price you can't suddenly ask for more but if you do go ahead make sure you have a good, full inventory done so you can claw back some of the damage at the end of tenancy. You can't ask more for 2 couples than you would for a single taking the flat.

Since they are an established family group I think I might be asking why they are renting and is this situation new to them? Yes I am nosey but I always like tenants to have a satisfactory story.

Mortitia

This is always the problem if you do 'doubles' - twice the wear and tear.

If you have agreed a price you can't suddenly ask for more but if you do go ahead make sure you have a good, full inventory done so you can claw back some of the damage at the end of tenancy. You can't ask more for 2 couples than you would for a single taking the flat.

Since they are an established family group I think I might be asking why they are renting and is this situation new to them? Yes I am nosey but I always like tenants to have a satisfactory story.

Mortitia

Thank you so much. They do have a good reason for being in rented accomodation. I will think about it over night.

Archived