Help needed please, new to all this

Nicki

Good evening

I am new to letting property and need some advice on the tenancy agreement I purchased from this site:

Firstly if I have a couple (not married yet) renting, do I require them to sign seperate forms or can they both sign the one agreement?

and secondly the RIGHTs GRANTED AND RIGHTS EXCEPTED AND RESERVED section what goes in here please? :(

Sorry to sound so dim, but want to get it right.

Thanks for any advice

Nicki

It's not a requirement, but I would get them both to sign same agreement. Then if either wishes to part, they have to give you joint notice together and therefore both terminate at same time, leaving you with a clean termination rather than risk one of them left in occupation and difficult to evict.

I have not read the particular agreement you refer to and may be wrong, but it sounds like a paragraph where you can enter what you allow the tenant to do and/or not do - e.g. keep pets, smoking, gardening, etc. - as long as it's within the law.

As it's your first time do make sure you have read up plenty of advice and are sufficiently familiar with the procedures and laws affecting landlords and tenants.

Archived