Software for small Landlords?

Booker

I'm looking for some software to help with my Landlording "business". I currently only have 4 units, so I'm looking for inexpensive software.

I've used "Real Estate Investor Software" (www.real-estate-investor-software.com) to evaluate the property before I bought it.

I'm currently using Excel to track my rents and stuff.

Anybody else recommend some software for small landlords?

Hi, this is a personal thing and everyone has their own preferences. Recording income and expenses for a small portfolio isn't difficult and and Excel spreadsheet is more than sufficient. It also gives you the the flexibility to set it up the way you want - landlord software usually has pre-defined categories and if these don't match what you expect there usually isn't much you can do about it. Remember, a software package that produces lots of important-looking figures is useless unless you understand exactly how these figures are calculated. Setting up an Excel spreadsheet yourself is a good way of teaching yourself the basics, too.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for some software to help with my Landlording "business". I currently only have 4 units, so I'm looking for inexpensive software.

I've used "Real Estate Investor Software" (xxxxx) to evaluate the property before I bought it.

I'm currently using Excel to track my rents and stuff.

Anybody else recommend some software for small landlords?

Ah, a newbie poster quoting a web link to a program that comes in "US" and "Canada" versions only. Me thinks this could be a meat-based product!

Archived