Need to evict problem tenant.please help

Blknight05

Hi i have a nightmare tenant that wont leave.its someone the councel gave me and they pay her rent direct to me. Theyv done this from day 1.as they new she was not stable enough to pay the rent herself.she handed in her notice a month ago which i was happy with as the rent i got for her was to low plus she is driving my other tenants out.now she refuses to go.iv contacted the council.they told me she has acused me of letting my self in and going through her underware draw which beleve me upset me as i never let myself in without days notice and the underware thing is just a joke.the council also said that althoe she served her notice they told her she doesnt have to leave.what can i do.its a nightmare and im scared to go upthere incase she crys rape

Hi,

If your tenant has given notice then just wait for the period to expire and her to leave. Ask the DSS to advise you when she has left as it seems they will have to accommodate her elsewhere. If she does not leave then give her notice or do that anyway right now so she will have to go and you will be back in control.

Who says she is mentally unstable? Is it you, the other tenants or the DSS? That is a big claim to make - she may just want to be left in peace and not judged by others.

Do not pester her and if you have to go to the property then take a female friend or social worker with you so you will not be accused of anything untoward.

Finally think really seriously about taking on a tenant who is incapable of looking after their finances in future - this type of tenant may not be for you.

Best of luck,

Mortitia

Hi.the council mis led us abit.they did say she had problems but not to the extent of acusing tenants of harasment geting them arrested and acusing me etc.her months notice is now up and the council have advised her that she can stay until i take her to court.should i serve her a section 21a notice?

Hi again,

It is sooo annoying and irresponsible when councils use landlords like this. I didn't realise others were arrested in the house over her allegations.

Yes, defintitely serve Section 21 just to be sure and hope they won't run it to the wire so to speak. Placing her somewhere is obviously difficult until they find another unsuspecting landlord

Best bet is to stay calm and advise others to stear clear of this problem woman just to keep the peace. Unless she is causing damage to the property there is not much you can do other than watch and wait.

Mortitia

Archived