Jump to content

Landlords Building Insurance


Recommended Posts

My buildings insurance is up for renewal very soon and was wondering which companies people are using.

Its a standard terraced house that will be aimed at 'Student Lets' and no claims.

What extra's are worth having? loss of rent guarantee, accidental damage, contents? (It is furnished -but nothing of any quality-came with the house)

Had Home Emergency cover last year but decided not to have that this year as when did make an enquiry regards a leak they look more certain to charge you and bring it down to maintenance, have instead found a good cheap plumber!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi CH1,

In the last couple of years I have had to insure a couple of empty buildings awaiting planning consent and a small block of flats - no student lets though.

I shopped about a bit and found Assetsure via Google who were very good on price and flexible. Try emailing bob@assetsure.com with your requirements.

Also tried Direct Line who reckon they are landlord competitive but they wanted the names of the tenants! That was a new one on me as I had not let the property at that time.

Hope that helps a bit.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your replies.

In the end I had Insurance companies all trying to match the best quote I'd had and went with rentguard (underwritten by AXA) with full accidental damage to buildings.

I also realised I had 'foreign language teaching assistants' in my property so changed it to 'working people' but will be swapping over to 'students' as soon as I get some new T' s. Current T's are due to leave this month and my target market for this type of rental is students.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...