Tenant lost job!

prothuk

Hi hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I rent out a property about 150 miles from me,its been let out for a few years now.The chap in there now has been in nearly 6 months,his agreement runs out on the 30th of March 09.

He called me last Wednesday to tell me he had lost his job and couldn't afford the rent.Ive got a feeling he isn't going to find work soon and pay the rent.How much notice do I have to give him if I want him to vacate? I know I might come accross as been a bit hasty wanting him out after missing only one payment but the chap can't be trusted,I won't bore you withe the details.Just need to know how much notice.Many thanks Scarface

Hi there,

If your tenant is at the end of his agreement the tenancy becomes 'periodic' or ongoing. If you examine your AST carefully it should say that either side can give 8 weeks notice - so do it. Hopefully he will go and you can get someone in who will pay up.

Let us know the result.

Mortitia

Hi there,

If your tenant is at the end of his agreement the tenancy becomes 'periodic' or ongoing. If you examine your AST carefully it should say that either side can give 8 weeks notice - so do it. Hopefully he will go and you can get someone in who will pay up.

Let us know the result.

Mortitia

Archived