Credit referencing

MarkJ

I would include whoever over 18 wants to to be part of the joint tenancy as a signatory and get references.

Ensure an understanding that any signatory who wished to leave effectively terminates the whole tenancy on the notice period given by agreement.

You can then start a new agreement with those who wish to continue, if you want to.

I would include whoever over 18 wants to to be part of the joint tenancy as a signatory and get references.

Ensure an understanding that any signatory who wished to leave effectively terminates the whole tenancy on the notice period given by agreement.

You can then start a new agreement with those who wish to continue, if you want to.

Why woulf you do that?

Wouldnt it be better to say that any signatory that leaves can be removed but that the remaining signatories agree to continue to pay the agreed rent?

MarkJ,

You ask why do I suggest a new agreement.

Because I would want this opportunity as a safeguard if and when responsibility for the group tenancy changes, even within a family. There is more to a tenancy relationship than collecting rent.

At best it would be a simple formality.

Chestnut

Archived