getting the tenant out and the rent paid

vicl163

I am waiting to evict my tenant out the property (got the judge's eviction order last week) but he is still there and I may have to send the bailiffs. I have two questions:

1. What can I legally do other than sending the bailiffs to put pressure on him to leave?

2. How do I get the money that he owes me back when I know that all the information that I have on him (work details, name, etc, is not real)?

Any advice?

John B)

Hi John. I'm in the same boat as I'm waiting for the possession order to expire but expect to have to send in Bailiffs. I'm not sure there is anything you can do other than bailiffs... as far as I'm aware they have the power to make your tenant leave so you dont need to do anything else.

I am also waiting for a money order to expire. once that does (with no arrears received) I will go down the road of enforcement action but frankly dont expect to get any back, even though I know my tenant's details are correct.

I'm sure someone else on this site will advise further.

good luck!

Hi John. I'm in the same boat as I'm waiting for the possession order to expire but expect to have to send in Bailiffs. I'm not sure there is anything you can do other than bailiffs... as far as I'm aware they have the power to make your tenant leave so you dont need to do anything else.

I am also waiting for a money order to expire. once that does (with no arrears received) I will go down the road of enforcement action but frankly dont expect to get any back, even though I know my tenant's details are correct.

I'm sure someone else on this site will advise further.

good luck!

Hi, Ianaby,

Many thanks for your reply. We will have to wait for the bailliffs then and pick up the bits afterwards. Good luck to you too.

John

Archived