Multiple letting agents

damonsutton

Hi

As stated on a previous answer I own a letting agents so perhaps can give an insiders viewpoint.

Landlords who list with multiple agents suffer with several problems

Agents tend to favour landlords who work with them over a period of time with whom they are able to build a relationship.

It is very frustrating as an agent to show a property a number of times to be told the property has been let by the bloke down the road.

Hence agents are tempted to take chances with the first tenant who comes along as they feel their competiors will move them in if they dont.

All decent agents use the same online advertising if your property is multi listed any potential tenants may be put off as a property that is on with the world and his wife must have something wrong with it.

At the end of the day it comes down to price find a decent agent expect to pay fairly for their services and if your property is not getting a suitable tenant knock £50 a week off the asking until it does.

Simonb

Hi

I agree with the bit about building up a relationship with the better agents, but not with the implication that sole agency is always best. Its very interesting to hear Simon's insder comments, but my experience is that you usually need a few agents to give decent coverage.

Preston

Archived