Eviction on Tuesday ?what do we do with furniture?

strawberrywhip

We have at last come to the end of a nightmare road with our tenants. The courts have awarded us possesion, tenants have not left, so the Court Bailiff goes in on Tuesday 28th October : our concern is if they leave possesions, furniture etc in the house what legally should we do with it? Also there is a dog.... worrying about all eventualities..if the tenats are not there...do we just call the rspca??? I guess the bailiff will give us some guidance.....

Guest trebor69trebor
We have at last come to the end of a nightmare road with our tenants. The courts have awarded us possesion, tenants have not left, so the Court Bailiff goes in on Tuesday 28th October : our concern is if they leave possesions, furniture etc in the house what legally should we do with it? Also there is a dog.... worrying about all eventualities..if the tenats are not there...do we just call the rspca??? I guess the bailiff will give us some guidance.....

ring rspca and hire a skip its that easy why are you still worrying about there stuff believe me they dont give a ###### about you .look at them a toilet paper you have wiped you ass of them now flush. sorry to be so direct but its is you financial future your kids food and your mental health if you get a good tenant treat them like a god you get a bad one hit them hard.

You become a soft touch in this game you'l be the one selling the big issue

Hi

Sorry if this advice is a bit late.

Unfortunately, you do have to be careful with goods left by departing tenants - even though its really inconvenient for you its their property and you have to treat it as such.

If the items are literally of no value - rubbish bags etc - then take a full (preferably photographic) inventory and dispose of them. If they have value, then you need to try to contact the former tenant and in the meantime keep the goods for a reasonable period of time. 28 days is usually considered enough by the courts.

Having said all this, if you have something in your tenancy agreement dealing with this, all the better. In my standard agreement, the tenant signs to say that I can dispose of any goods at the end of the tenancy and as the law stands, this type of clause is perfectly enforceable.

Hope it went well.

Preston

Archived