insurance advice

hein25

Hi,

Am looking myself at the moment. www.rentguard.co.uk is coming out the best, but would be interested to know if you find anything better.

Preston

Hi , thanks for the recommendation. www.landlord-building-insurance.co.uk is one I came across I don't know if they are competetive though. I will leave the flat uninsured as it is so difficult to insure whilst empty. They ask questions like why is the flat empty ?why do they think it is empty..because no tenant found yet. Another site Simple landlords insurance may be worth checking.

Hi,

Am looking myself at the moment. www.rentguard.co.uk is coming out the best, but would be interested to know if you find anything better.

Preston

Rentguard were cheap but their claims handling is very poor in my experience. They also seem to be a very chaotic company with plenty of staff changes which makes for a very poor service. I did use them but I won't now. They recently quoted on a property of mine and they were significantly more expensive than my renewal quote

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Dear Mr Sheehan

I have just come across this forum and, as a director of Rentguard, I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the claims and general services you have received.

Our products are primarily underwritten by AXA Insurance and as is the case with all of our underwriters, the decisions on whether or not a claim is valid is made by the underwriting insurer (or someone acting directly on thier behalf). Rentguard have no claims decision making authority whatsoever. I know it isn't always about the decision, and often about how a claim is dealt with through the process and ultimately communicated to the policyholder. It may be to late in the day, however if you believe you have been dealt with unreasonably or unfairly, I would be happy to personally look into your case and therefore invite you contact me on 0208 5871060.

We run a large UK based call centre, and as as a fast growing business we are constantly recruiting new staff. While all staff undergo a rigourous training program and are fully supported by an experienced and knowledgeable management team I won't pretend we are alway perfect. I would welcome and be appreciative of any constructive critisim.

I hope to be of assistance.

Yours sincerely

Steve Jones

Hi Steve

Good for you.

You can't please all the people all the time.

Makes me laugh that a lot of people go for cheapest and get exactly that, then they complain bitterly about how they were hard done by when they're not covered.

I would suggest people who read this and other forums soon work out who the genuine ones are, a sniff of business and suddenly a flourish of new (unbiased) posters appear.

cheers

Selkirk

Dear Mr Sheehan

I have just come across this forum and, as a director of Rentguard, I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the claims and general services you have received.

Our products are primarily underwritten by AXA Insurance and as is the case with all of our underwriters, the decisions on whether or not a claim is valid is made by the underwriting insurer (or someone acting directly on thier behalf). Rentguard have no claims decision making authority whatsoever. I know it isn't always about the decision, and often about how a claim is dealt with through the process and ultimately communicated to the policyholder. It may be to late in the day, however if you believe you have been dealt with unreasonably or unfairly, I would be happy to personally look into your case and therefore invite you contact me on 0208 5871060.

We run a large UK based call centre, and as as a fast growing business we are constantly recruiting new staff. While all staff undergo a rigourous training program and are fully supported by an experienced and knowledgeable management team I won't pretend we are alway perfect. I would welcome and be appreciative of any constructive critisim.

I hope to be of assistance.

Yours sincerely

Steve Jones

Steve,

Thanks for this useful post.

I have in fact renewed my landlords insurance thru' yourselves, competitive price and hopefully good cover and service (if req'd in future)

I have a slight problem with my Policy and had contacted you on the number above a couple of days ago and left a message with staff, was told a 'manager' will call me back. Not had a reply so far. If you have a direct line or e-mail I can contact you on that would be great. You can send me a pm if you wish.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh CH1,

Please let us know if Steve has got back to you yet.

I am looking to renew some insurance as well and have to admit that I am looking for quality these days. I got a really cheap renewal quote with the company that I had 2 properties insured with but as they refused to pay out for the only claim I have ever made, I'd rather pay a bit more and know that my money is working for me rather than making some director rich. Although, in the insurance game, the only winners are the big wigs and definitely not us, the insurees.

Kay

Archived